No of people start Freelancing, but they don't get orders, and fail in first step.
When you start freelancing keep following things in the mind.
- Make a unique gig image. Instead of copy paste or internet image, Make an explainer video for logo service. or for others you can design a good image
- Use proper tags, while making gig, before making please check the competitor gigs (check top 4 gigs in row of fiverr after search). Read their description, tags , titles. It'll help you to make your gig and know which tags are ranking. Select those tags which are common in ranking
- Make atleast 7 gigs.
- Each gig should be unique. Don't make 2 gigs for same service. Like for logo design. You can offer different types of logos in each gig. (Mascot Logo, hand drawn, vintage, minmal etc. )
- Don't make short description gigs. Write a detailed description in your gig.
- As new seller you can offer 2 concepts etc. It'll attract the buyers.
- Keep prices normal (Not much low, neither higher.)
- For simple minimal logo You can start from $10.
- Make gig pricing package. Fiverr offers 3 pricing plans. Explain it very well for buyer
- Keep your profile online, by using Chrome super autoreferesh extension. You can automatically reload a tab. Set 5 minutes for it.
- Check for buyer requests, apply on them. Offer them free mockup. Keep your proposal to the point, ask question in proposal.
- Optimize your profile, add relevant skills.
- In portfolio, add proper thumbnails.
- Don't offer low rates. For new freelancer on upwork. Keep your price starting from 5/hour atleast. After getting 1-2 contracts. You can increase it.
- If you've free profile. Then only apply 1-2 proposal maximum in a day.
- Same here, offer client free mockup.
Thing to consider:
- For girls, they don't want to use their pictures (which is good thing) but instead of using internet images, or any random image. Design your unique avatar / logo and use it as profile pic.
Stay Blessed - Keep shining