Online Help, Guidance and Solutions for Virtual University of Pakistan Students
CS614 - Data Warehousing Assignment No. 3 Solution Spring 2018 Due Date: July 23, 2018
Assignment No. 3(Graded)
Semester Spring 2018
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 23-07-2018
Covering Lectures: 26-27
This assignment has been designed to develop your ability to apply Normalization and De-Normalization Techniques and principlesto normalized and de-normalize data/tables.
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting the assignment:
1. The assignment will not beaccepted after due date.
2. Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt.
3. The assignment file must be an MS Word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
4. Zero marks will be awardedto the assignment if copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet).
5. Zero marks will be awardedto the assignment ifthe Student ID is not mentioned in the assignment file.
For any query about the assignment, contact only at CS614@vu.edu.pk
Please do not post queries related to assignment on MDB.
Question # 1:
Create inverted index by considering the following documents and their text.
Doc1:How many students are enrolled in session 2017-2018?
Doc2: How many courses are offered in first semester?
Doc3: How many students have not paid their fee?
Consider the following bitmap indexes created for three columns:
Bitmap index created on column Designation:
Bitmap index created on column Department:
Bitmap index created on column Specialization:
Solve the following queries using above given bitmap indexes. Mention all steps.
Query1: How many employee belong to “Computer Science” Department.
Query2: Get Employees having Designation “Assistant Professor” and Specialization “Software Engineering”.
Query3: Get Employees having Designation “Lecturer” and Department “Mathematics” or “Biology”.
Note: Deadline for assignment submission is 23rd July 2018.
Wish you best of Luck!