CS506 - Web Design and Development Assignment No. 1 Solution Fall 2018 Due Date: December 07, 2018 

Assignment No. 01
Semester: Fall 2018

CS506 – Web Design and Development

Total Marks: 20

Due Date: 07/12/2018

Uploading instructions:

• Your assignment should be in .zip /.rar format.
  • Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc000000000.rar).
  • No assignment will be accepted through email.

Rules for Marking:

It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:

·         The assignment is submitted after due date.

·         The submitted assignment does not open, execute or file is corrupted.

·         Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student

(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).

Assignment

Question:     (20 Marks)

You are required to write a program in java that will contain two modules i.e. Login module and Registration module. Furthermore, create a new database in MS Access and add a table in the database. The name of database must be same as your own VU ID (like BC0000000) and the name of table should be Student. Student table will have six attributes i.e. Student ID, Name, Email, Address, Study Program and Password.

In Login module, design a graphical user interface (GUI) which will have two text boxes (Student ID and Password) and two buttons (Login and Register). When user enters information (Student ID and Password) and clicks Login button then search this Student ID and password in the database. If this Student ID exists in database and Password is valid then display all information against this ID on the screen using a GUI. Otherwise, show message that no such record exists in database against this ID or Password is incorrect.

In Registration module, when user clicks on Register button then a student registration interface should be opened to register a new student. The user registration interface will have seven text boxes (i.e. Student ID, Name, Email, Address, Study Program, Password, and Retype Password) and a Register button. When user enters information and clicks Register button then verify that:

• Password and Retype Password fields are same.
  • Email is in proper format (i.e. abc@xyz.com).
  • No text box is empty.
  • Student ID is unique and not available in database. 

If entered Student ID already exists in database then show message that “Student is already registered”. After all this verification, insert this information in database and display a message “Student Registered Successfully”.

Also note that title of all graphical user interfaces should be your VU ID (like BC0000000).

Important Regarding Development:

If you are using JDK1.8 or above then you’ll have to use ucanaccess driver to connect to MS Access database. In this case, I'll suggest you to view the following tutorial.

https://vulms.vu.edu.pk/Courses/CS506/Downloads/UCanAccess.mp4

Following links will be helpful in creating new database in MS Access.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-new-database-32a1...

http://www.dummies.com/software/microsoft-office/access/how-to-buil...

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Database-Using-MS-Access

Important Regarding Submission:

After completing your code, execute your java file(s) on command prompt and enter students’ records to store them in database. You must have to provide your own information while entering first student’s record otherwise marks will be deducted accordingly. Your database must contain at least one record (containing your own information i.e. your id, name, email, address, study program and etc.). Now, compress your java file(s) and database file using winzip or winrar and upload it on VULMS.

NOTE:  Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email at cs506@vu.edu.pk.  Furthermore, if any student found cheating from any other student or from online forums then he/she will be awarded ZERO right away and strict disciplinary action will be taken against the student.

Deadline: Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 7th December 2018.

Tags: -, 07, 1, 2018, Assignment, CS506, Date:, December, Design, Development, More…Due, Fall, No., Solution, Web, and

Views: 484

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

database connectivity ho gai kisi ki?

RSS

SPONSORED LINKS

SPONSORED LINKS

© 2018   Created by Irfan Khan MSCS.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service