BIF733 - Bioinformatics I (Essentials of Genome Informatics) Assignment No. 1 Solution and Discussion Spring 2017 Due Date: May 22, 2017
For the presentation activity, students are required to record their presentations and upload it on VULMS. MS PowerPoint allows recording audio and embedding it in a PPT file. Therefore, each student is required to prepare PPTs for his/her presentation and then record his/her voice presentation within the PPT file. Following are the guidelines in this regard:
- Prepare presentation slides related to any topic.
- 2. There must at least 15 slides in your PPT file.
- First slide should contain student-ID, student-name, topic and course-name.
- Record your presentation using voice recorder of the Microsoft power point.
- 5. The total time for recording should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Save your presentation slides in .ppt or .pptx format and submit on VULMS interface opened for this purpose.
- 7. Double check your file before submission. If your voice is not recorded or submitted file is corrupt then you will receive zero marks.
- 8. Students should submit presentation individually with their own voice recording.
- A guideline on how to record your presentation is uploaded in the assignment package for presentation assignment.
- 10. It should be recorded in English. A good communication/ style of presenting may be awarded good marks. Objective of this assignment is to improve your soft skills.
Warning: Write contents of each slide in your own words, do not copy-paste. Plagiarism is not acceptable. In case plagiarism is found, you will be awarded ZERO marks. No excuse will be accepted in this regard. For further understanding about plagiarism, please follow the links:
Little Book of Plagiarism
HEC Policy about plagiarism.
Steps for Recording the Presentation
Recording of Presentation (PowerPoint 2010/13)
- Record a narration before or during a slide show.
- When you record a narration, you run through the presentation and record each slide. You can pause and resume recording any time.
- Ensure your microphone is set up and working properly prior to recording your slide show.
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Set Up group, click Record Slide Show .
- Select one of the following:
- Start Recording from Beginning
- Start Recording from Current Slide
- In the Record Slide Show dialog box, select the Narrations and laser pointer check box, and if appropriate, select or deselect the Slide and animation timings check box.
- Click Start Recording.
- To end your slide show recording, right click the slide, and then click End Show.
- The recorded slide show timings are automatically saved and the slide show appears in Slide Sorter view with timings beneath each slide.
- A sound icon appears on the slide.
Preview the Recorded Presentation
- In Normal view, on the slide, click the sound icon .
- On the ribbon, under Audio Tools, on the Playback tab, in the Preview group, click Play.
To record a sound for a PowerPoint 2003/2007 presentation, you can follow the steps below:
1. Open the PowerPoint presentation you are going to record a sound in, and go to Insert -> Movies and Sounds -> Record Sound
2. In the Record Sound dialog, Name field, enter a name for the recording.
3. Next, at the bottom of the dialog, click the red dot (the Record button) to start recording a sound.
4. When finished, click the blue square (the Stop button) on the left of the Record button.
5. To test the recorded sound, click the blue triangle (the Play button).
6. Record another sound if the existing one is not satisfying. To confirm the recorded sound, click OK. The sound icon is displayed on the current slide.
For Office 2003:
For Office 2007: